To Ensure Genomic Integrity and Safety
In the field of synthetic biology, ensuring the stability and genetic integrity of strains is of paramount importance. Genetic stability testing plays a crucial role in verifying the reliability and safety of engineered strains used in various applications, including vaccine production, biomanufacturing, and bioengineering.
Figure 1: Schematic representation of the conformational stability assay (CSA). (Lau Heather H. C., et al. 2018)
At CD Biosynsis, a leading biotechnology company with years of experience, we specialize in providing comprehensive stability testing services for strains, employing state-of-the-art techniques and expertise to ensure the highest quality and reliability of your engineered organisms.
Our Services for Stability Testing in Strains
Next-Generation Sequencing (NGS) Analysis
Our Next-Generation Sequencing (NGS) analysis service enables high-throughput sequencing of entire genomes, allowing for the detection of genetic variations within engineered strains. Our NGS analysis includes the following steps:
- Sample Preparation: We begin by extracting DNA or RNA from the strain samples. This step ensures that the genetic material used for sequencing is pure and free from contaminants.
- Library Preparation: We create sequencing libraries by fragmenting the genetic material, adding adapters, and amplifying the fragments using PCR.
- Sequencing: The prepared libraries are loaded onto the NGS platform, where millions of DNA fragments are simultaneously sequenced.
- Data Analysis: This includes mapping the reads to a reference genome, detecting genetic variations (SNPs, insertions, deletions), and assessing their impact on the stability of the strain.
Quasispecies analysis provides valuable insights into the genetic diversity and stability of strain populations. Our quasispecies analysis service involves the following steps:
- Sample Selection: These samples should capture the genetic diversity of the population.
- NGS Sequencing: The selected samples undergo NGS sequencing, generating deep coverage of the strain population's genetic material.
- Read Mapping: We map the sequencing reads to a reference genome or a consensus sequence derived from the strain population.
- Variant Analysis: By analyzing the mapped reads, we identify and characterize genetic variants, including SNPs, insertions, deletions, and other variations.
- Quasispecies Spectrum Reconstruction: Using the variant data, we reconstruct the quasispecies spectrum, which represents the genetic diversity and composition of the strain population.
Genetic Diversity Assessment
Our genetic diversity assessment service focuses on quantifying and characterizing the genetic variations within strain populations.
- Population Structure Analysis: We analyze the genetic data to identify subpopulations or clusters within the strain population.
- Genetic Variation Detection: We detect and analyze genetic variants, including SNPs, insertions, deletions, and structural variants.
- Genetic Distance Calculation: This measure provides insights into the relatedness and diversity of the strains under investigation.
- Phylogenetic Analysis: We construct phylogenetic trees based on the genetic data to visualize the evolutionary relationships between strains.
- Growth Rate Assessment: We measure and analyze the growth rates of the engineered strains under different conditions.
- Productivity Analysis: We evaluate the production levels of desired products, such as proteins or metabolites, in the engineered strains.
- Protein Expression Profiling: We assess the expression levels and profiles of target proteins produced by the strains.
- Phenotypic Characterization: We conduct various assays and experiments to characterize the phenotypic traits of the strains, including morphology, tolerance to stress, and specific metabolic activities.
Benefits of Our Approachs
- Comprehensive Genomic Analysis.
- Robust Phenotypic Evaluation.
- Stringent Quality Control.
- Confidentiality and Data Security.
At CD Biosynsis, our stability testing services for strains encompass a comprehensive suite of genomic and phenotypic analyses. Through services such as Next-Generation Sequencing (NGS) analysis, quasispecies analysis, genetic diversity assessment, phenotypic evaluation, and quality control testing, we ensure the stability, safety, and performance of engineered strains. Contact us today to learn more about our stability testing services and how we can assist you in ensuring the genomic integrity and safety of your engineered strains.
- Zhu T.C., et al. A systematical investigation on the genetic stability of multi-copy Pichia pastoris strains. Biotechnology Letters, 2009, 31(5): 679-684.
- Gong M., et al. Study of the Antifungal Ability of Bacillus subtilis Strain PY-1 in Vitro and Identification of its Antifungal Substance (Iturin A). Acta Biochimica et Biophysica Sinica, 2006, 38(4): 233-240.
- Lau Heather H. C., et al. Discriminating Strains of Self-Propagating Protein Aggregates Using a Conformational Stability Assay. Methods in Molecular Biology, Nilsson B.L., Doran T.M. Peptide Self-Assembly: Methods and Protocols. 2018, 1777: 339-354.